BA(Psych); GradDipPsych; MPsych (Clinical); MAPS; MCCLP
Mirna is a Clinical Psychologist, with experience in the diagnosis and treatment of a range of psychological and emotional difficulties, using a range of focused, evidence-based therapeutic approaches (including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Schema-Focused Therapy and Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy).
Mirna uses a client-centred approach to therapy, meaning that she understands each person’s difficulties within the context of their unique life experiences, and tailors her treatment approach to best suit each client. By establishing a collaborative working relationship based on respect and empathy, Mirna provides a safe environment within which an open exploration of problems and difficulties is possible.
Mirna’s main interest lies in Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP), an interactive therapeutic approach within which therapist and client work together to deeply explore an individual’s emotional and interpersonal experiences and to identify and resolve psychological, emotional and interpersonal “blocks” which interfere with a person’s capacity to form close, healthy and intimate relationships with others and to live in a way which is authentic and fulfilling.
Mirna’s therapeutic style is effective for individuals experiencing:
- difficulties within their important personal or professional relationships, including recurring conflict or lack of meaningful connection, intimacy or closeness;
- recurring negative emotions, such as sadness, irritability or anger, which interfere with their goals or purpose;
- work-related, organisational stress or pressure;
- self-sabotaging or self-harming behaviours for which there is an underlying emotional cause, such as addictions and eating disorders (including Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa and general difficulties with over-eating or binge-eating);
- emotional impacts of traumatic experiences, such as unresolved grief or other complex feelings;
- issues with self esteem, feelings of emptiness and worthlessness.
Through a combination of therapeutic technique and a deep understanding of each individual client, Mirna seeks to help each individual to achieve more than just symptom relief, but a meaningful and lasting positive change, so that they are able to fully engage in life, without being hampered by painful emotions or maladaptive ways of relating and behaving.
For further assistance, please email Mirna Falan or call on 0447 948 094