Melbourne self-esteem counselling
Don't settle for low self-esteem - you deserve to feel great!
Our team can help you boost your self esteem, so you can start feeling great about yourself.
Is low self-esteem holding you back? You deserve more!
Self-esteem is your opinion about yourself: it reflects how you feel about yourself. Low self esteem can negatively impact your life.
Learn how to boost your self esteem and love life!
Get the help you need to start feeling confident about yourself.
3-steps to start your healing process.
Your qualified team of psychologists and counsellors.
The signs and symptoms of low self-esteem include:
- feeling very self-critical
- inferior to other people,
- often socially anxious and tend to avoid social interactions.
- Feeling sad, guilty, ashamed, frustrated, powerless and possibly angry.
Severely low esteem may also lead to physical symptoms, such as headaches and exhaustion.
Low self-esteem tends to work in a vicious cycle with other mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety. … Someone who already lives with a mental illness may find that low self-esteem could develop into depression (but not vice versa.)
It is a very important to improve a person’s self-esteem, as improved self-esteem can make him or her feel better
Self-esteem counselling can help to bolster self-esteem by using Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) or Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness strategies and Assertiveness training may help to:
- improve self-concept so the focus is more on one’s strengths and positive qualities
- normalise “I’m not good enough feelings” but learn to unhook from letting these thoughts define one’s sense of self and take over one’s attention
- alleviate anxiety, shame and regrets
- support more positive thinking about life and self
- improve social skills, relationships and ability to be assertive
- explore personal goals, life direction and boost self-confidence
- promote happiness and calm
Low self-esteem can affect anyone, however is more predominant with females, particularly within the younger female demographic.
The quality of life for young adults suffering from low self esteem as they enter adulthood is of particular concern to psychologists, who are actively encouraging the young who are experiencing low self-esteem to seek treatment and learn strategies to cope before adulthood arrives.
Jennifer Lopez narrates a powerful video about self-esteem in young women and encourages young females to take control.
Need help with your self-esteem?
Seeking counselling for low self-esteem can provide you with evidence-based integrated strategies and approaches to enable you to become less overwhelmed and to increase your coping mechanisms to deal with life challenges. A self-esteem counselling psychologist will be able to work with you to achieve outcomes you deserve, please call us on (03) 9376 1958 or book online.
If you feel like you are need of immediate assistance, please dial 000 for emergency services or call Lifeline on 13 11 14.